Updating Settings in one step
The One Step Update is a single access point for all the online features to update the transactions. The transaction information is updated directly into Quicken, and you can compare your financial institution’s records to your own.
The One Step Update option allows you to:
o Update the latest cleared transactions and balances for online-enabled bank, credit card, investment, and RRSP accounts.
o Simplify reconciling your monthly statements.
To update settings in one step:
1. On the Online menu, click One Step Update. The One Step Update Settings dialog box is displayed.
2. To download currency exchange rates, select the relevant check box.
3. Click Update Now.
Using the online feature, you can schedule updates. Scheduling updates helps you in performing your financial tasks.
To schedule updates:
1. On the Online menu, click Schedule Updates. The Schedule Updates dialog box is displayed.
2. To download currency exchange rates, select the relevant check box in the Currencies area.
3. In the Financial Institutions area, download cleared transactions.
4. In the Schedule area, select the days and time when you want to schedule the updates.
Note: Updates will run within 30 minutes of time specified unless Quicken is running.
5. Click OK. The Scheduled updates are now active.
Note: If you are using Quicken when the update is scheduled to occur, Quicken waits till you exit the program to run the update.
You can also view the one step update summary, after update settings in one step.
To view the one step update summary:
1. On the Online menu, click One Step Update Summary. The One Step Update Summary dialog box is displayed. The updated information is displayed.
2. Click Close.