Adding a new income transaction
When you want to track the new source of income in Quicken, you can add a new scheduled transaction to track the deposit.
To add a new income transaction:
1. On the Cash Flow menu, click Go to Cash Flow Center. In the Projected Cash Flow screen, IN, OUT, and WHAT�S LEFT snapshots are displayed.
2. In the IN area, click the Add Transaction button. The Add Transaction dialog box is displayed. If you want to schedule this transaction, select the Yes option. The Scheduling information is displayed in the right side.
3. In the Payee Information area, enter the required information:
� Select the payee, from the Payee drop-down list, from whom you receive the payment. If the payee you want is not listed, enter the payee name in the Payee field.
� Select a category fro this transaction from the Category drop-down list.
� Enter the appropriate tag in the Tag field.
� In the Memo field, enter a memo or note.
4. In the Payment Information area, enter the required information:
� From the Account to use drop-down list, select the account into which the payment will be deposited.
� From the Method drop-down list, select Deposit.
� In the Web site field, enter the web site URL.
� In the Amount field, enter the amount value.
5. In the Scheduling area, enter the required information:
� In the Start on field, specify the first day this deposit is to occur.
� Specify whether you want to be reminded to enter the deposit into Quicken or you want Quicken to enter the deposit automatically, without prompting.
� In the How Often field, specify the frequency of the deposit.
� In the Schedule this transaction area, specify when the scheduled deposit should end.
6. Click OK. The deposit amount is added to the Expected Income section of the IN area.