Performing File Operations
Copying Quicken Files
To copy a Quicken file to a location:
1. On the File menu, go to File Operations and click Copy. The Copy File dialog box is displayed.
2. Click the Browse button to specify disk drive path to the directory where you want to place the file copy. Click Save.
3. In the Copy Options area, specify the From and To dates of the transaction.
4. To include all prior unlearned transactions, select the check box.
5. Click OK.
6. In the File Copied Successfully message box, select the original copy or the new file to use and click OK.
To delete a Quicken file:
1. On the File menu, go to File Operations and click Delete.
2. In the Delete Quicken File dialog box, select the file you want to delete and click OK.
3. To confirm deletion, type Yes in the field and click OK.
To rename a Quicken file:
1. On the File menu, go to File Operations and click Rename.
2. In the Rename Quicken File dialog box, select the file you want to rename and change the file name in the File Name field.
3. Click OK.
To validate a Quicken file:
1. On the File menu, go to File Operations and click Validate.
2. In the Validate Quicken File dialog box, select the file you want to validate and click OK.
To create a year end copy:
1. On the File menu, go Import and click Addresses. The Create a Year End Copy dialog box is displayed. Quicken creates two data fields with your data – A Current Data file for your use and an Archive Data File for your records.
2. In the Current Data File area, to start your transaction of the current file with a certain date, select the relevant option and enter the date in the filed.
3. In the Active Data File area, provide the archive file a name and location in the specified field.
4. In the specified date field, select the date till which the transactions are to be covered.