Scheduling Automated Backups
Automated backups are used for set it and forget it backup strategies. In the previous lesson, you learned that you need to have a backup file. Manually backing up your data is fraught with risks – you could forget to do it, your system relies on human reliability, you could back up the file to a local drive that fails. All companies should have some sort of automated backup strategy in place for all of their data, but especially for their crucial data – such as their QuickBooks data file. In this tutorial, you will learn how to schedule automated QuickBooks data backups.
- Follow the previous steps to run a backup until you reach step 8, then select either Save it now and schedule future backups or Only schedule future backups. Click Next to continue.
- On the next screen, you set the schedule you’d like to backup on.
- On this screen, you can create a new schedule by clicking the New button.
- Enter the schedule and frequency of backups. In our example above, we’ve created a weekly backup to be run every Tuesday morning. You can setup whatever frequency you desire for your backups. When you’re finished, click OK.
- Enter your Windows username and password.
- Click Finish to schedule your backup.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully configured automated backups.