A lot has been written over the years about developing your strengths and ignoring your weaknesses or work on your weaknesses to become a more well rounded individual. Everyone has weaknesses in one area or another – in order to fully achieve and get ahead, we recommend you let your strengths shine while compensating for your weaknesses.
For example, if you are a hard worker but not well organized, show your hard work while forcing yourself to become organized in certain areas.
Of course, in order for you to achieve this, you must identify what your weaknesses are. You can do this through a self-analysis and also through other people who may identify weaknesses you do not know you have.
You can assess yourself in these categories:
- Ambition – Do you have goals and do you have a plan to reach those?
- Confidence – Do you know the quality of your work? Do you have the skills now or the capability to achieve them?
- Organization – Are you well organized?
- Energy – Do you have what it takes to work until the job is done?
- Leadership – Can you motivate others towards a common goal?
- Risk-taking – Do you know when its smart to take risks? Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone?
- Humility – Are you humble enough to take blame if something goes wrong?
Answer these questions and determine some of your strengths and weaknesses.
You can also use friends, coworkers, and family to help identify your strengths and weaknesses.
Once you have identified these, you can set a plan to work on them to help you achieve!