Creating a Group
To create a new group:
- From the Groups menu, select New Group, or click the New Group button on the Groups toolbar.
The Group Detail window opens.
The Group Detail window functions much like the Contact Detail window, with fields for entering basic group information and tabs along the bottom for entering notes, activities, opportunities, and other items.
- Enter a name for the group into the Group field.
- Enter a description for the group into the Description field.
Note that you can switch from one group to another using the View Groups/Companies button at the top of the Group Detail window. Clicking this button opens a window that lets you select the group or company you want to view.
Groups can also be created by saving a lookup as a group:
- Create a lookup using one of the commands in the Lookup menu.
- From the Lookup menu, select Groups, and then Save Lookup as Group.
- The Group Detail window opens, where you can enter a name and description for the group.