Attaching an E-mail to a Contact
Whenever you receive an e-mail related to a particular contact or opportunity, you can drag and drop the e-mail to the contact record. This adds the e-mail to the History tab, where you can access it when working with that contact’s information.
To attach an e-mail to a contact:
- Find and display the contact record.
- In the ACT! E-mail window, click the message, hold down the mouse button, and drag the message to the Contact Detail window.
- If the contact doesn’t exist in the database, the following dialog appears:
- Select whether you want to create a new contact record for the sender or attach the message to the current contact record.
- Click OK.
- If you created a new contact record, Act! opens the Contact Detail window for the new contact. Note that you must drag and drop the message again to attach it to the record.
- The message appears on the History tab of the contact record. To view the message, double-click it and, in the Edit History dialog, click the link in the Attachment field.