Working with Email
The Act! Email Interface
You can configure Act! to send and receive e-mails using your Internet Service Provider. The Act! E-mail client interface can be integrated with Microsoft® Outlook so that you can send and receive messages from either application.
To open the ACT! E-mail window, select the E-mail icon on the navigation bar.
The Act! E-mail window uses the same tri-pane display as Microsoft® Outlook, with a folder list, message list, and preview pane. The folder list displays the same folders you’ve created in your existing mail application (such as Outlook). You can add, delete, and rename folders from within the Act! E-mail window by right-clicking any folder in the list and selecting the appropriate command.
Messages for the selected folder are listed in the message list. When you select a message, its body is displayed in the preview pane below.
Reading Your E-mail
To check for new messages, click the Send/Receive button on the toolbar. To open an e-mail, simply select it in the message list. The body of the message is displayed in the preview pane below.
To reply to the open e-mail, click the Reply button on the toolbar. In the message window that opens, compose your response and then click Send
Sending New Mail
To compose a new e-mail message:
- Click the New button on the toolbar.
A new message window opens:
- To select recipients from a contact list or a lookup, click the To button.
The Select Recipients dialog opens.
- By default, all your Act! contacts are displayed in the list on the left. You can filter the list by selecting Current Lookup, Groups, or Companies from the Select from drop-down menu.
If you want to use a different contact list, for example, your Outlook address book, you can select it from the Address book drop-down menu.
- From the list on the left, select a recipient. To select more than one recipient, hold down the Ctrl (Control) button on your keyboard and click on the names you want to include.
- Click the To transfer button to add the selected recipients to the To field. Clicking the Cc or Bcc transfer button adds the recipients to these fields.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- In the new message window, compose your message. You can apply basic formatting using the buttons on the Formatting toolbar. These commands also appear in the Format menu.
- Select a message priority from the Priority drop-down menu. By default, Normal is selected.
- By default, a history item for the e-mail is created containing the text in the Subject field. To include additional information, select one of the options from the Create History drop-down menu. Select None if you don’t want to create a history item.
- To insert a file, select File from the Insert menu. In the dialog that opens, browse to the location of the file and click Open.
- To send the e-mail, click the Send button.