Creating a Custom Template
Although Act! comes with a number of built-in templates that you can use throughout the sales process, you can create your own document and e-mail templates by selecting fields available from Act! contact records:
- From the Write menu, select New Letter/E-mail Template.
- The Act! Word Processor opens, displaying a new, blank template.
On the right side of the window, a panel displays the mail merge fields that can be added to the template:
- Select a field type from the drop-down menu to display the fields for that type in the list.
- To add a field to the new template, position your cursor where you want the field to appear. Then select the field in the list and click Add.
To delete a field, simply select it with your mouse and click the Delete button on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can replace it with a different field by selecting the existing field and then adding a new one from the list.
- Add any text and formatting to the template. You can type and format just as you would in a document.
- To save the template, click the Save button on the toolbar. In the Save As dialog, enter a file name and click Save.