Sharing with Outlook
If you use Microsoft® Outlook, Act! lets you share information between your Act! and Outlook calendars. When you share your calendar information, all your activities and to-dos are available, and can be updated, from both calendars.
Note: This feature requires Outlook 2000 or later. You must also have a user role of Restricted or above in order to update both calendars.
To share your ACT! and Outlook calendars:
- From the Tools menu, select Outlook Activities, and then Update Activities.
The Update Calendars dialog opens.
- Under Update, select whether you want to add your Act! calendar activities to Outlook (the first option) or your Outlook calendar activities to Act! (the second option), or if you want to synchronize the two so both calendars display the same activities.
If you select the third option, use the drop-down menu to specify whether an Act! or an Outlook field should be used in the event of a conflict.
- Under For these dates, select the dates of the activities you want to share.
- Click Update.
If you imported items into Act!, these are now displayed on your Act! calendar, Task List, and the Activities tab of the associated contact records and your own record (available by selecting My Record from the Lookup menu).
To view activities in the Task List, you may need to change the Task List options:
- If necessary, click the Show Filters button at the top right of the Task List to displays the bar containing the filter drop-down menus.
- Click the Options button and select Show Outlook Tasks from the menu that appears.
In Act!, Outlook activities are imported as meetings and display the icon. Outlook tasks are imported as to-dos and display the icon.
To remove activities from one or both calendars:
- From the Tools menu, select Outlook Activities, and then Remove Activities.
The Remove Activities dialog opens.
- Select whether you want to remove Act! activities from Outlook or Outlook activities from Act!, or both.
- Click OK.