As you complete activities related to contacts, such as holding a meeting or conference call, you can make notes, which are saved in the Notes tab of the contact’s record:
- At the bottom of the Contact Detail form, select the Notes tab.
- Click the Insert Note button at the top of the tab.
The Insert Note window opens.
- Type the note in the text box.
- You can attach a related file to the note by clicking the Attach button and browsing to the file.
- If you’ve set up groups or companies, you can associate the note with one of these by clicking the browse (.) button next to the Associate With field. In the dialog that opens, select the group or company with which you want to associate the note and click the right transfer (>) button. Then click OK. You can select as many groups and companies as you need.
- To prevent the note from appearing to other users, select the Private checkbox.
- Click OK.
To view or edit an existing note, simply double-click on the note. This opens the Edit Note window, which is virtually identical to the Insert Note window. You can edit the note directly in the window. You can also remove an existing attachment by clicking the Remove button.
You can print the list of notes for a contact by right-clicking on any of the notes and selecting Print Notes from the shortcut menu.
To delete a note, select the note you want to delete, right-click and select Delete Selected from the shortcut menu.