Viewing and Adding History Items
The History tab at the bottom of the Contact Detail window tracks all activities related to a particular contact by automatically creating entries, called history items, whenever you complete an activity or communication. To view or update the details of any item in the History list, simply double-click it.
You can also manually create a history item when you want to document an activity for which an automatic entry wasn’t generated:
- At the bottom of the Contact Detail form, select the History tab.
- Click the Record History button at the top of the tab.
The Record History window opens.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select the type of action you want to record. This selection determines the selections in the Result drop-down menu.
- Select the result.
- Add or edit the details in the rest of the fields as appropriate.
- In the text box, type a note as appropriate.
- To schedule a follow-up for this action, click the Follow-up button at the bottom of the dialog and complete the fields in the window that opens. Act! will add the scheduled follow-up to your calendar.
- Click OK to record the history item.
The item appears in the list on the History tab.