To prevent users from modifying your form’s design, you can protect it:
- From the Tools menu, select Form Options.
You must be in design mode for this option to be available.
- In the Form Options dialog, make sure the General tab is selected.
- Under Protection, select Enable protection:
- Click OK.
Setting Security Zones
Security zones in InfoPath are based on those implemented in Internet Explorer. You can assign a security level to each zone through InfoPath, though you should keep in mind that these are the security levels that will also be used by Internet Explorer.
To set the security zones for forms:
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- In the Options dialog, under System options, click the Internet Options button:
- In the Internet Properties dialog, select the Security tab.
- For each zone, select the zone from the box at the top and, under Security level for this zone, click Default Level to assign the default security level, or click Custom Level to set a custom security level.
- For a custom level, select the options you want in the Security Settings dialog and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Internet Properties dialog.
- Click OK to close the Options dialog.
Microsoft InfoPath Tutorial: Section 2 Review
In this section, you learned about:
- Creating a new form from a template
- Creating a new form from a blank page
- Laying out a form
- Adding controls to the form
- Setting security zones
- Testing a form
- Saving a form template
- Deleting a form
- Printing a form
- Protecting forms